TRAINING COURSE DETAILS
Module 1: Content Marketing – The What & Why
- The Content Marketing Formula
- Creating a Customer Avatar
- Content Marketing & the Customer Value Journey (CVJ)
- The Content Baton Strategy
Module 2: Driving Awareness & Engagement
- Types of Content in the Awareness & Engagement Stages
- Goals at the Awareness & Engagement Stages
- Content Wrappers
- The 10-Point Blog Post Audit
- What Should my Post be About?
- How Often Should I Post?
- How Should I Get Traffic to my Posts?
- Turning a Glance into a Stare!
Module 3: Generating Leads
- Types of Content in the Subscribe Stage
- Goals at the Subscribe Stage
- The 8 Types of Lead Magnets
- Squeeze Pages
- 5 Ways to Funnel Traffic to a Squeeze Page
- The 10-Point Lead Magnet Audit
Module 4: Generating Sales
- Types of Content in the Convert & Ascend Stages
- Goals at the Convert & Ascend Stages
- Anticipating and Satisfying Intent
- Copywriting VS Content Marketing
Module 5: Retention & Loyalty
- Types of Content in the Excite, Advocate & Promote Stages
- Goals at the Excite, Advocate & Promote Stages
- Leveraging Awareness Content
Module 6: Content Marketing & SEO
- Setting Up the Basic SEO Tools
- Key Ranking Factors & Google Algorithm Changes
- Content Ideation
- Content Gap Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- How to Perform Effective Keyword Research
- The Skyscraper Techniques
- The Anatomy of an On-Page SEO Optimised Page
- Off-Site SEO – Building Domain Authority
- SEO Mistakes to Avoid
By the end of the training course, you’ll walk away with the ability to:
- Effectively apply content marketing best practices to your business
- Find and reach your target audience by knowing your customer avatar/buyer persona.
- Create the appropriate type of content for each stage of the Customer Value Journey (CVJ)
- Generate qualified traffic and convert it into leads and sales
- Implement your first SEO campaign for your website
- Describe how search engines work including key Google algorithm changes
- Undertake keyword research and analyse competitor websites
- Make SEO considerations for performance web hosting
- Describe the importance of onsite SEO and best practices for optimising page content
- Recognise the importance of link building and off-site optimisation for SEO
- Use key SEO tools including Google Search Console & Google Analytics
- Avoid the most common SEO mistakes
Whether you’re a sole trader, a small local business, or a larger organisation I can help you understand and apply SEO-driven content marketing best practices even if:
- You know absolutely nothing about SEO & content marketing
- You’re not a “techie” person
- You think you’ve got SEO nailed – I’ll take you even further 🙂
- You’ve tried and failed to learn SEO before
- Graduates & Career Shifters: Move into a well-paid and rewarding career in SEO and Digital Marketing
- Writers & Journalists: Learn to write copy for search engines and develop valuable skills for the fast-changing digital industry
- People Working from Home: Start a lucrative and exciting career from home helping small and medium-sized companies to promote their businesses on search engines
- Marketing Managers & Executives: Learn to optimise your website for search engines, manage SEO campaigns and lead internal teams and suppliers
- Entrepreneurs: Increase traffic to your website, boost your rankings, build an online business, generate qualified leads and convert them into sales
- Web Developers & Digital Marketers: Use my processes, templates and resources to integrate a professional SEO workflow in your digital marketing campaigns
Q: Do I need to have previous SEO experience?
A: No. This course is intensive but it starts at the beginning and so there are no real prerequisites.
Q: Do I need to have strong IT skills?
Absolutely not! SEO is a mostly non-technical discipline and this course is designed to empower decision-makers allowing them to get the best from their websites and search engines.
Q: Do you cover all modules in 1 day?
A: Yes, don’t worry though. It’s not really as daunting as it looks. Some modules can be covered very quickly and there’s time for questions.
Q: I’m already working with an SEO company. Should I learn SEO?
A: Absolutely! There is no substitute for knowing how to do something yourself, even if you employ or manage others. With knowledge at your fingertips, you are in control.
Q: Will I be able to discuss my own issues during the course?
A: Yes, but briefly as the day will be fully packed with the training material.
Q: How many people attend each training session?
A: I have a maximum class size of 5 attendees. However, 3-4 is more usual.
Q: Will you cancel the course if numbers are low?
A: No! If one person books then the course goes ahead 🙂