WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Over the past few years, SEO evolved into a “buzzword” used daily by almost everyone.
By now, every business is aware that search engine optimisation is essential, but not everyone knows how to implement it or what it actually means.
It’s common to find businesses who claim that they’re exerting a lot of effort towards SEO and paying a lot of money, but they do not see any results.
Consequently, their competitors are always one step ahead! What’s the trick?
The reality of the matter is: there are a lot of myths about SEO that make it seem simple.
SEO can take a while and is a long-term practice, not a quick-fix. What’s more, the abundance of resources online leads to confusion and erroneous conclusions.
The end result?
SEO ends up seeming like a five-finger exercise that anyone can master, regardless of their experience or education. Of course, this explains the price gaps between SEO services from one agency to another.
Understandably, businesses aren’t aware of the behind-the-scenes details of the industry, which is why they opt for affordable SEO agencies and services.
Does that mean that affordable SEO services are impossible? And that ANY affordable SEO agency is a fraud?
There’s a fine line between affordable and cheap. That’s what I’m here to help you distinguish between to make an informed decision when opting for SEO services within your budget.
In this article, I’ll share with you what affordable SEO services are by showcasing what genuine SEO is and the difference it could make to your business.
The Importance of SEO Services
SEO is not where you would want to take the easy way out because simply, there is no easy way.
A while back, black hat SEO did actually work. There were endless deceptive search engine optimisation techniques that complied with the policies of search engines. However, that’s no longer the case.
Today, SEO is not only about ranking higher and driving more organic traffic to your website, but also about trust and credibility.
That’s why the SEO services’ provider you seek should provide your users with a seamless user experience through optimised on-page elements and content, quality backlink profiles, machine-learning signals, and more!
Do you see why this can’t be achieved overnight?
SEO is a work-in-process, and it starts with offering a quality product/service to your customers. Once you earn that trust in real life and reflect it on your website, you earn Google’s trust, too!
As a rule of thumb: your customers need to find what they’re actually looking for on your website. If they don’t, you’re in trouble.
Not to mention, SEO practices are always changing, so you don’t just implement SEO tactics once and voilà!
You have to re-evaluate your website consistently over time, monitor the policies, and never fall behind. That’s exactly the role of your SEO services’ provider!
And remember: avoid deceptive approaches to SEO! Transparent approaches can go a long way and will enable you to understand why doing it right makes all the difference.
What Is Affordable SEO?
When we say “affordable SEO,” we’re not only thinking of the cost. Yes, obviously affordable SEO services are cheap, but they’re also cheap in quality.
An affordable SEO agency provides you with cheap solutions instead of actionable ones that translate into conversions and growth.
Typically, you seek an agency for SEO services because it’s not your area of expertise and you’re looking for practical solutions.
With an affordable SEO agency, you’ll find yourself ending up with more questions than you started with. Starting from poor performance, low rankings, and minimal traffic, you end up confused.
If that’s your case, it’s a signal that it’s time for a change.
Do you know what else is a sign? Overpromising. Google, the master of SEO, says: “no one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.” So if you hear that commitment, don’t believe it, especially that the back-end of the digital world is far too complex to predict.
“Your prospective SEO should be able to give you realistic estimates of improvement, and an estimate of the work involved. If they guarantee you that their changes will give you first place in search results, find someone else,”
also says Google.
What constitutes “affordable”? As you’d expect, the answer is far from straightforward. What’s affordable for someone may not be for another.
However, out of experience, I’d say that affordable SEO services range between £250-500.
Why You Should Avoid Cheap SEO Services
By now, you have an idea of why affordable SEO services can cause more harm than good. Yet, to break it down further, here are the exact reasons you should avoid cheap SEO services.
- You won’t get far with low-cost SEO services — Even basic SEO services are quite pricey. With a limited budget, expecting the most effective SEO solutions is not feasible.
- Poor results will drive you away — When you start noticing the lack of results, you’ll start having questions, which you won’t get reasonable answers to. Not to mention, you’d have already started to suffer both business and cost-wise.
- No high-quality content — When you choose affordable SEO services, relevant, high-quality content isn’t an option. Accordingly, backlinks and top-notch content for repurposing won’t be at your disposal.
- One-size-fits-all strategies — A lot of affordable SEO agencies follow a template. Expectedly, it won’t yield the same results with everyone! You need a tailored package for your business needs to accomplish results.
- Subpar communication — Most times, you get what you pay for. For a low price, you also get low communication levels.
- Expertise = Cost — If the employees are accepting peanuts as a salary, does it make sense that they’re backed up with expertise? It’s only normal that qualifications translate into higher costs.
- Short-term view — Most affordable SEO agencies want results right now. They don’t have a vision for the future. They simply want the fastest results in the lowest time. As the saying goes, “what comes easy won’t last, and what lasts won’t come easy!”
What Do Affordable SEO Packages Look Like?
Is it easy to distinguish affordable SEO packages with cheap solutions from regular, affordable ones? Luckily, yes! A few red flags give you signals. If you’ve missed them before, that’s completely fine! Here’s what to look out for:
- Proposals jam-packed with technical jargon
- Unrealistic overpromises
- Contracts tailored around payments
How about on the SEO efforts front? You’ll find that affordable SEO packages consist of time-consuming functions that are basically free. The amount you pay them will be what they get—no deductions for extra capital or investments in software. An example would be:
- Minimal keyword research
- Minor changes in meta titles and descriptions
- A couple of 500-word articles for your blog
- Some posts tailored for social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Optional speed optimisation improvements
If you’re still new to this, you’re probably wondering what more you should be expecting. In plain English, what do high-impact SEO services’ packages entail?
- Crafting high-quality, well-researched, long-form content — Why can’t this be cheap? Because you need expert content writers with an in-depth background of your given industry to optimise content for both customers and search engines. Not only will this make you visible, but it’ll increase conversions!
- Backlinks — SEO minus backlinks equals zero results. They’re an imperative element of SEO, and the ability to locate quality placements and develop outreach programmes requires both time and skill!
- Technicalities — If you’re just starting with SEO, you’ll probably encounter some major technical issues during your optimisation process. With limited expertise, you’ll only be able to get a couple of quick-fixes at most. What you truly need is to make sure that a search engine can crawl and index your content, which is not easy.
- On-page SEO — To get maximum clicks from search engines, you need to optimise your website to ensure that both users and search engines fully comprehend what you do. For that, you certainly need a skilled SEO expert!
What if you still decide to take the leap and hope that the odds are in your favour? The consequences vary.
Skipping or eliminating some SEO techniques can result in either penalties to your ranking due to low-quality backlinks, which customers won’t be aware of, or they can be more extreme such as low-quality content full of typos, misinformation, and errors on your website.
In that case, it’ll certainly take you a long time to restore your positioning.
Let’s look at it another way, though. Do all businesses need the components included in high-impact SEO services? Not necessarily. For instance, small, local businesses just starting their operations or standard local businesses like plumbers, electricians, dentists, and so on, can certainly go ahead with affordable SEO services!
On the other hand, businesses with larger-scale operations will undoubtedly require more SEO investment. That includes international companies, national businesses with dispersed locations, e-commerce businesses, and similar.
Basically, the larger the scale of operations and geographical dispersion, the more you’ll need to invest in SEO.
Alternative Solutions for Limited SEO Budget
After all has been said and done, does this mean that business owners on a limited budget shouldn’t even think of SEO? Isn’t taking a small step better than taking none at all? Well, yes and no.
Pursuing ineffective SEO techniques can genuinely demolish all your previous efforts. Not only does that apply to your digital platforms, but it can go as far as harming your business as well. In that case, doing nothing would be better than deterioration.
However, SEO can be affordable, depending on your case. As discussed, local businesses can expect to pay a reasonable sum of money, and the services won’t necessarily be low-quality!
Affordable SEO doesn’t always mean subpar quality. Yet, the search for a reliable SEO service provider will always be a challenge.
What you can do is to take matters into your hands. Some parts of SEO can be handled without outsourcing, such as the ones related to high-quality, relevant content. After all, you’re an expert in your field! Start typing up a few blog posts.
Also, reach out to consultants to put you on the right track with the basics at the bare minimum, or seek keyword reports and try to make the most out of them.
Take the time to acquaint yourself with SEO best practices. It’ll come in handy when you choose an SEO agency since you’ll be asking the right questions.
What I’m trying to say is: don’t go for a cheap option just because it’s cheap. It’s not worth the risk!
What Can I Offer?
At this point, you’re probably demotivated from the idea that most affordable SEO agencies surrounding you will provide you with little to none at all when it comes to SEO. I completely understand that feeling of despair.
Now that you know why affordable SEO services can, at many times, hinder your progress, it’s time to take the next step. Feel free to reach out to me for a consultation!
During the meeting, you’ll acquaint me with your business, needs, budget, and expectations. I certainly won’t promise you overnight results! But I do promise long-term SEO results.
Through mutual understanding, we’ll decide on milestones that can be clearly tracked and measured, and I’ll work tirelessly to achieve the best results for your business.
Don’t worry about communication, either; I’ll let you know precisely what I plan to do and keep you informed.
And since we’ve been speaking about budgets throughout the article, I assure you that managing your budget is integral to me. We’ll work it out together, and you’ll get value for every penny you pay.
Let’s embark on your authentic SEO journey — get in touch now!